- F fun, focused and fair
- A active, aware, and accepting
- T thoughtful, talented and tenderhearted
- H handy, hard-working, and hilarious
- E encouraging, eager and earnest
- R realistic, respected and responsible
I have been blessed with amazing dads in my life. My dad, my father- in- law, my step-father and my husband all set the bar high for what it means to be a positive male influence. While the descriptors above may not apply to each of them specifically, they each know how to play to their strengths. This year we have added a new dad to the club. Our son-in-law is a new dad and it’s been fun to see how whole-heartedly he has embraced his new role.
We all benefit from paternal energy. Fathers are pillars in a child’s emotional well-being, and involved dads have been linked to better outcomes in nearly category of a child’s development. Celebrate the dads in your life this weekend. Happy Father’s day, dads!